All aboard

The route from Zapala to Villa Pehuenia leads through immense landscapes where the eye gets tired until it can see up the first signs of the chains of the Andes.

Only a few cars are seen from time to time.


A family of choiques (dwarf rheas) runs across the street quickly before the camera could capture them.

However, soon another family surprises us even more.


We gradually catch up with a pretty shabby Ford Falcon which is so overloaded as if the whole family were migrating or setting out to a long vacation in some desolate place.

In the middle of the burden in happy disorder, a peculiar item captivates our attention.


No member of the family can be left behind, even if in the car itself there is no room for the dog any more. Who knows how the poor one can hold himself up there!

And mostly, what he is thinking of such a trip…



8 comentarios:

Megkoronáz A.J.P. dijo...

Oh, fantastic pictures, Julia! What a great dog! He's probably loving it; dogs adore to get the wind in their faces, and maybe he's used to riding on the roof. He looks a lot like Topsy, our dog.

A year or so ago my daughter & I enjoyed a film called El perro, about a man who has a Dogo Argentino--it's set in Patagonia.

Julia dijo...

Thank you!
Yes, he looks (I asume is a he) like Topsy, but I'd say he's bigger.
I have not seen "El Perro" but I know the film. The director is Carlos Sorín. I'd like to write soon about another of his films... I think the Patagonia is always a main character in his movies.

dearieme dijo...

How much is that doggy on the roofrack?
The one with the wag-ully tail.
How much is that doggy on the roofrack?
I do hope that dog is for sale.

All together now......

MMcM dijo...

A dog on car roof incident was a bump on the presidential campaign trail for our former governor.

Julia dijo...

jajajaja, Darienne! I didn't know that song... woof, woof!

MMcM: What would PETA say about this family trip?

Megkoronáz A.J.P. dijo...

I guess it could be cruel. All I know is dogs in Australia just love to ride in the back of a pickup with their head round the side or over the top of the cab. Topsy (not the Yorkshire terrier, but our bigger dog) used to hate car trips, until I let her sit in the front. Now she presses her face to the windscreen and she loves going fast.

dearieme dijo...

Here's the original, Julia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AkLE4X-bbU

Studiolum dijo...

Yes, Julia has already found the YouTube link and forwarded it to me who also did not know the original song…